Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Apologies to Gilbert O'Sullivan (Naturally)

In a little while from now, if I'm not feeling any less sour
I promised myself to treat myself and visit a nearby tower,
And climbing to the top, will throw myself off
In an effort to make it clear to who, ever what it's like when your shattered
Left standing in the lurch, at a church where people are saying,
"My God that's tough, Sabes stood us up! No point in us remaining.
We may as well go home, as I did on my own,
We’re Cained again, naturally

To think that only yesterday, I was cheerful, bright and gay,
Looking forward to, but who wouldn't do, the Giants were about to play
But as if to knock me down, Reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces
Leaving me to doubt, talk about God in His mercy
For if He really does exist, Why did He desert me, in my hour of need?
I truly am indeed, Cained again, naturally

(instrumental break, preferably for a funeral march of some kind)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I'm right? Think I'm crazy? Got different slant on things? Bring it on!